2017 – A year of resolutions met
The last few years, I have focused my New Year’s Resolutions on well-being, and I have made progress – in 2017, I built my fitness by doing more cardio, going vegan. I wrote a draft of a book on social media and management, which I hope to get published soon, and have been thinking about another on communication and strategy more generally. I was also definitely more prayerful and mindful in a sustained way. As for building a real life? Well, I discovered that my life is real, just not necessarily as connected to others as I would like it to be – I worked on that and feel much better going into 2018. So in many ways, I feel I met my NYR2017.
Resolutions for 2018:
- Find and work with a physical trainer and osteopath to actually build sustainable fitness and well-being. I have found that fitness exercise has revealed flaws in my posture and body balance that I can’t fix myself.
- Continue with a plant-based diet.
- Publish my book manuscript. Write the next one. Continue the scholarly collaborations I have started, by publishing academic articles.
- Continue to explore and build my liberal, progressive Roman Catholic faith and practice.
- Learn more about startups and entrepreneurship in the AI, communications analytics, and metrics field.
- Take a real vacation, away from home – preferably somewhere warm.
So there you have it. Let’s see how I do.